Menu colors wont change when hovered - stuck on purple!

Hi all,

I have a purchased theme and edited nav bar that I got from a template on the marketplace too. The original template had purple use throughout and now I cannot for the life of me get my nav bar title words to hover any other color besides purple. Nor can I figure out how to change it!

I am not too experienced with the platform but I am guessing they are inheriting this from somewhere, I just can’t figure out where and changing it to go to red on the text/container element does nothing - its still purple!

Thanks in advance for any help!

Here is my public share link: Webflow - SubRosa Site Main 2

Howdy @SubRosa and welcome to the community! :wave:

This is a sneaky box shadow style that’s applied to the Open state of the Dropdown Toggle class:

To show the styles that are used only when the dropdown is open, go to the Element Settings tab for the Dropdown Toggle class, toggle the Menu setting to Show and then you should see the green Open combo-class applied back in the Styles tab:

Hope that helps but don’t hesitate to reach out if you run into any issues :+1:

thank you so much! I see this but don’t see any way to alter the color of the words when hovered, when it’s in open state! I even changed it when hovered, open, to the red I want and it’s still purple when I hover! any ideas?

My apologies — I misread your post and assumed you meant the purple underline :man_facepalming:

Your read-only link is giving me a 404, so if you re-enable that link I’d be happy to take another peek.

No worries at all! here is the new link: I am redesigning the menu in there. I am also having trouble getting the menu to close. I click “services” to open but clicking “services” to close does nothing :confused:

https://preview.webflow.com/preview/subrosa-main-site?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=designer&utm_content=subrosa-main-site&preview=26e5d362d04b5abc46d7dd98d07c4e15&pageId=63c170b910bb209a759e4fe9&workflow=preview