Membership platform which allows members export, including passwords

Hello,

I am considering which membership platform to adopt for my website.

Question: I want to be able to export, at any point in time, my website members, including their passwords. This is because in future I may decide to create my website outside Webflow, as HTML/php/MySql (I am a developer).
In this case, I would need my members’ data (incl. user/pass) on my MySql database.

I found out that both Memberspace and Memberstack and Memberful do NOT include the member’s passwords in the members’ export. Not sure why, since they are members who registered on MY website!

But anyhow: do you know of ANY membership system which allows the export of MY website members, incl. their password (and in non encrypted form)?

Many thanks!

Hi @mauroian,

I don’t think such service exists ( unless you custom code it ) as it would create too many legal issues and would not be compliant to regulations ( GRPD, CCPA, LGPD ). In case of data leak, you would expose yourself to a huge fine.

Members export in Memberstack or other is rather made for remarketing purposes.

You can use Memberstack or Memberful on different platforms, it is not restricted to Webflow.

First, as mentioned, you’d never want to do that. Second, they don’t export them because they don’t them. Passwords should be encrypted, even those platforms don’t (and never should) know what your password is.

Hello @mauroian

I know this post is from a while ago but my name is Robert and I wanted drop in here with some perspective from the Memberstack team. As was mentioned above, getting an export of member passwords isn’t going to be possible (for you or us) because of data privacy requirements. Specifically, GDPR (which is European privacy law) does tend to set the tone for what is and isn’t allowed in terms of the data that is collected and accessible to you. As was mentioned above, end to end encryption of user passwords is a pretty important feature of this – it’s not explicitly required but not having it would almost certainly cause non-compliance. This should apply to pretty much all membership services.

Although we’d hate to see you leave our service, the only way that you’d theoretically be able to go abut transferring users to something like a MySQL database would be to rebuild that GDPR compliance (so you’d need to build an encryption service, etc.) and then send out new activations from the exported emails.

If you (or anyone else reading this) are running into problems that are pushing you to try this, I’d definitely recommend reaching out to me or the support team from Memberstack to see if there is an easier solution. We’re constantly adding new features to try to make the product as useful as possible.