Margin top doubles on published site

Pretty sure this is a bug since it just began to happen. Currently when I add a top margin to bring my hero section down to not be covered by the fixed navbar. It looks fine in the designer but it doubles the margin on the published site.

My share site is
https://preview.webflow.com/preview/bhlfcpa?preview=dbc6c24b137564c1016141d933ad7908
and the published is
http://bhlfcpa.webflow.io

thanks
jeremy

Here is my site Read-Only: LINK
(how to share your site Read-Only link)

Hi @jbleroux

Thanks for posting. It looks like the navbar isn’t staying fixed on the live site which is causing that gap: Screen Recording 2018-02-07...

That said, the navbar is set to fixed in the Designer. :thinking:

Can you please try unpublishing, then republishing to see if this resolves the issue?

I just tried, didn’t work. Nope, and it just remessed up the fixed nav on mobile too. That i solved by switching to auto then back to fixed. Which worked again. But that isn’t working to fix the desktop version

Hi @jbleroux

Thanks for taking those steps and letting me know!

I’ve reported this issue to our team and we will look into this more for you.

In the mean time as a workaround, can you try removing that 80px of top margin? This will remove the gap while we look into why the position: fixed style on the navbar isn’t on the live site.

I’ll post back here when I have more information for you!

Thanks. I understand it will remove the gap but it doesn’t solve the
problem and I’ll just have to redo it later when fixed nav bar works again.
So I’ll leave it. I’m wanting to launch sit next week so please get back to
me asap.

Thank you
Jeremy

Hi @jbleroux

You are correct – this workaround doesn’t solve the problem. We will work as quickly as we can to resolve the root issue here, but I cannot say for sure that it will be resolved by your launch date.

That workaround should provide another (temporary) option for you so the site launch-ready by next week.

I’ll be sure to update you as soon as I have more details.

should i just create a new navbar? If the site doesnt have a fixed nav.
its not ready to launch.

Hi @jbleroux from what I can see the old w-nav relative style is somehow overwriting the navbar fixed position style which you have applied.

Could you please try cleaning up unused classes?

If that doesn’t resolve the issue, what I can do is transfer a duplicate of your site to your account as that has cleared out the issues from testing on my end.

Thanks Waldo the clean up seemed to solve the problem on the site. And I
have the duplicate from Dave. Thank you for the assist.

always
Jer

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.