Major bug going on for me

I’m not sure exactly how to describe this but here goes:

I am having this issue a lot today, where various items (divs, buttons etc) are not sitting in the right position.
They were, but are no longer.

An example (this has happened on lots of different things for me), you have two identical divs - one red, one blue.

They sit side by side, with a top margin of 100px. They inherit this from the fact they both started as say “Div_Square” then got their individual classes of “red” and “blue” to change their colour.

the red box however sits just lower than the blue… yet they both have the EXACT same positions set by that top margin.

So now I click the little arrow to increase the red boxes top margin and BOOM - it shifts position to near what it should be - you then tap the arrow to set the margin as 100px again and all is back as it should be.

It’s almost as if sometimes elements forget inherited classes or something? They get confused…

HELP!

Hi @GourmetPixel, I am so sorry to hear about the trouble :-/ I am here to help :smile:

Could you update your post with some more information so we can help you faster? Things like your read-only link, and screenshots of the elements in question really speed things up.

Posting guidelines can be found here: Posting Guidelines for the Design Help Category - General - Forum | Webflow

Thanks in advance! :slight_smile:
Cheers,
Dave

Hi @cyberdave, thanks.

Client isn’t letting me stick up a read only link, sorry.
However, this is definitely a case of the item (div, button, whatever) having a margin, or size but Webflow seems to be ignoring it. If I just adjust the offending margin/height etc then it pings back into place. Seems like it happens when it is inheriting the class from the desktop or tablet (whatever is above it)…

Hope this makes more sense?

I will try and replicate in a none branded / not client demo.

thanks

Hi @GourmetPixel, thanks, once you have a read-only link to look at, send that and I am happy to take a look at this :slight_smile: It is very hard to tell without looking at the structure and styles in the designer.

I will be standing by when you are ready, just post here the info :smile:

Cheers,
Dave

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.