MailChimp Integration - Not Working 😩

hi everyone! i’m trying to add a simple Mailchimp subscribe form to my site, but it continues to fail.
i have followed the webflow university tutorial, but still can’t get it to work. I’ve tried everything I can think of and after more than an hour of troubleshooting, i’m stuck.

here’s a link to the site: Webflow - Brushmedia v2

as well as the applicable info from MC:

thanks in advance!

Hi @cbrescia,

Would you able to check if reCAPTCHA is turned on within Mailchimp. If so, you can turn this off under ‘Audience > Manage Audience > Settings > Audience name and defaults’.

If it’s not turned on, let me know!

@mww !!! it IS turned on.
it occurred to me that this may be the issue, but for the life of me I couldn’t find the buried setting on MailChimp. I assume if I turn this off my issue will be resolved. but, here’s the logical next question…

don’t I want this turned on? on previous sites (not built with webflow), after a user entered their email in the form, it opened a new browser window seeking verification.

you can see it in action on the current version of the site i’m rebuilding (click the “I”) at brushmedia.com.

do you know if this is achievable with WF?

Hi @cbrescia,

You could try disabling it and testing a submission just to make sure that this is the issue.

Yes, ideally you would use a reCAPTCHA element for verification, you can add that to your form within the Designer, here’s a guide on how to do it: