Lottie JSON spontaneously 403

Over the past couple days I’ve noticed that lottie animations throughout my site will all suddenly 403 for all visitors. The full xml error message is:

<Error>
<Code>AccessDenied</Code>
<Message>Access Denied</Message>
<RequestId>R94M28TGZPD9Z98F</RequestId>
<HostId>m1uT6/24QPW9yf/IzxWDr+Nj5dm+w2GFwnon+vOr+67KLbfyoqefVh614ER2NyQN6WXE/ddI3uc=</HostId>
</Error>

By re-uploading and re-publishing I’m able to fix, but the solution seems to 403 within a couple hours again. These are top of page assets so it’s a real deal-breaker.

Here is my site Read-Only: rilldata.com

Turns out it was a legit bug. Notes back from support:

After some investigation, our team has identified this as a bug that causes Lottie animations to be converted into a document type asset upon a browser refresh.
The issue will persist for existing Lottie animations, and the fix that our team deployed does not retroactively fix old assets. If you’re deleting and reuploading the same Lottie file, the issue will also persist as the image is still cached in our servers.
To resolve this, we’d like to suggest one of the following options:

1. Make a small change to the JSON code and re-upload the file (This will cause Webflow to consider the file as a completely new asset as opposed to being the same asset)
  2. Share the permanent asset links with us prior to deleting the Lottie asset files from the Assets panel. We can permanently delete the Lottie asset files from our end, and this will allow you to reupload the same Lottie assets without cache issues.
1 Like