.lottie files being downloaded twice

So I have implemented a .lottie animation on scroll. Whenever I publish my website it is extremely slow to load. I figured out that the .lottie asset is being downloaded 2 different times for the exact same file that is 1.9MB

When I hover over the initiator in the network tools for one of them its just webflow, and the other it is webflow + jquery

This happens only when I place a “while scrolling in viewport” animation on it, whenever there is no interaction, only one of the .lottie files is being downloaded.

Here is my site Read-Only: READ ONLY

Here is the live website: LIVE LINK

I’m having the same problem. Seems like a bug to me. Anyone else experiencing this?

I am also experiencing the same issue on my website https://spacekayak.webflow.io/

Seems like a bug from webflow side. Webflow Team any idea how can we solve it?

Same here. Still no answer from the community?

It seems it is part of how the Lottie Lib loads its files, so there’s not much we can do about it. Here’s an answer from one of Lottie’s dev: json file loaded twice · Issue #137 · LottieFiles/lottie-player · GitHub

I am still wondering if everything that appears in PageSpeed insights’ log is really downloaded on-site load. For instance, each .webp video seems to have its .mp4 counterpart in the log. That also feels counterproductive in terms of optimization. What do you think?

If possible, try to optimize the .lottie animation file to reduce its size without compromising quality, should help)