Lottie animation with class selected

Hey there, I have issues with lottie animation if I want it to be trigered by class and not by the selected element. I would like to triger multiple lottie animations with one button tap, and now I need to add them separately. I don’t know if its a bug that affects just lottie, or it is that you disabled this function for lottie files and it just works with other CSS / JS animations.

Any feedback for this topic is highy appreciated.

Hey there @dolphing!

Thank you so much for reaching out, and welcome to the forums!

Lottie animations can be triggered by another object (button) and then have the Lottie targeting be class-based. There is a good example of this on a similar forum post if you haven’t checked it out yet:

I would be more than happy to look further into this for you.

Would it be possible for you to send the most up-to-date share link for the specific site? This will help me understand what’s going on a bit more clearly in order to further investigate.

I look forward to hearing back from you so we can smoothen out whatever issue is happening here.

My best,
Riley

1 Like

Hey there @RileyJones, thank you so much for replying to me so fast.
You can check out my page here: https://preview.webflow.com/preview/dolphinganz12?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=dashboard&utm_content=dolphinganz12&preview=af1abda9555d1e826b944a991b1eff17&mode=preview

I read trough the forum link you sent me, but this is not about my issue.
The button IS triggering my animation, its fine. It works.
But I wantedthe button to triger the animation by CLASS and not by ELEMENT.
This way right now I have two different setups for the two exactly same logos, and that is unnecessarry code.

So…on the site…you see a lottie logo on the top sticky bar, and on the midle of the hero.
I wanted these two to animate by selecting their class, but as soon as I switch the element selector to class, it wont animate. Neither. Nor ahead, nor back.

Do you have any idea why this is happening?
Btw: this is my very first Webflow project, so it’s a bit a mess, I’m constantly working on it, and refining the details.

Thank you for your help!
Appreciate it!

Hey there @dolphing!

Thanks for the further info. This is odd that the class selection isn’t working. Fortunately, I was able to have the appropriate class selected when I added a new lottie animated element and gave it a new class name.
https://share.getcloudapp.com/qGuomr2d

Let me know if this helps.

Riley

Thank you. Your screen recording is not working. But I will try to readd the lottie and reset the class. Thanks, hope it will help.

Oh no, sorry about that @dolphing!

I made another one just in case. Let me know if that helps.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.