Link to section doesn't work properly

Hi, I’m using the navbar link to the section to link the bottom contact form. However, for the pages with long content, the scroll doesn’t make it to the bottom but stops somewhere in the middle of the page. Here is an example of the page Meal & Grocery Planning App Designed by Shunchen Xu.
If you try to click the contact at the top right of the page, you will see the situation.

Can anyone help me with this issue? I really appreciate any help you can provide.

When the page first opens it looks like only the top half the page loads. The bottom half of the page only loads when you scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page.

If you scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page and then scroll all the way back to the top of the page (which forces the whole page to load into the browser) and then click the Contact link - it “does” scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page correctly. This would indicate that the automatic scroll is not working because the page is not fully loaded.

Is there anything set on your page that is making the content at the bottom of the page load later? Is “lazy load” or “load on scroll” active on the page? If there is anything preventing the whole page from loading when the page first opens I think that should be disabled.

If you post a link to your project then members of the community would be in a better position to further troubleshoot.

Hope this helps.

I think that explains. Thank you very much!

Here’s the read-only link to the project:
https://preview.webflow.com/preview/shunchenxu?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=designer&utm_content=shunchenxu&preview=07770a0f98ef5025a03797a123c35768&pageId=602d69b833155893a3b66b64&mode=preview

1 Like

Thanks for the link to your project - Now I have access to the project I am thinking that my assumption was correct.

There is an interaction applied to the page called “scroll progress”. If you delete the animation then everything seems to works correctly however you may need to test it by publishing the update to be sure.

Thanks for your suggestion. I deleted the animation, but it still doesn’t scroll to the bottom when I test.

Sorry I’m not sure why the full page does not load. Maybe there is something in the Webflow back end that is restricting how much content can load to save system recourses? I would test it using less content on the page as the page is very long.

I see. Thank you anyway! You’ve been really helpful!

Was this issue resolved? I’m currently facing the same. too much content on the page and it doesn’t scroll all the way to the bottom.

I found a fix that worked for my site based off britishchap’s suggestion. As suggested, my images were loading upon scroll, so I went to the element settings panel to change the load settings for the images.

I haven’t performed a test to see what this does to loading times on the page, but it solved my issue! I think if you’re mindful about file sizes for the page, you should be fine.

1 Like