Link action makes entire block replace by a Paragraph

Hey guys, I’m trying to do something I thought would be pretty simple, but for some reason I can’t figure it out, I also hired a designer to help me with the site and he doesn’t know how to do this either (which makes me think he’s probably not very good at Webflow)).

If you look at my site (link below), scroll down to the SERVICES section, the idea is that there are 4 types of services, when you click on the a type (for example - Business) you get the list of services for that type. Now, Right now we have it in a way that when you click on a service title, the description pops down from below. This doesn’t look very good though because each service description is different in length and we want that entire block to always stay the same height.

So instead, I thought maybe when you click on a service title, the entire section where all the service titles are can swipe left (or disappear) and instead of it would appear that specific service title description, maybe with a cool pic, as well as a “Back to Business Services” link that lets the user go back to the list of services.

Any ideas on how to do this? Can this even be accomplished via Webflow?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you :barber:

Here is my public share link: https://preview.webflow.com/preview/speedgeek?preview=30706c77ee3a865328197a2f2bd4fff1

Hey guys, Sorry to bump this but I really need help to know if it’s possible

Hi @speedgeek, I would probably use a tabs widget for this. I would suggest to configure the tab links to be blocks on the left, with tab content on the right. The tab content can be positioned with display set to flex to align your content as you need.

Put the service titles (or logos) in the tab links, and service description in the tab content panes on the right.

As an example, here is a page I was playing with, to change the tab on hover: https://webflow.com/website/change-tabs-on-hover

Feel free to clone that site, that is using the tabs widget. From there, it is possible to animate content within each tab on tab open and tab close. I hope this at least gives you some ideas on using the tabs widget for this.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.