Language switching Button/Link that works

@anthonychan2509 I had the same problem and recently came across WeGlot, which does exactly what you want: Translate a Webflow website - Weglot

You just need to put a Javascript snippet in Custom Code under Project Settings and it will add a language selector at the bottom right corner of the viewport, which you can later customize with CSS. By default, it will automatically translate the text for each page, but you can also add manual translations for a perfect result.

Once you’re browsing a translated page, just click on any links and it will take you to the corresponding translated page.

There’s also a more complex setup where, by adding some CNAME values, you can also get a subdomain for each of the languages the site is translated to.

I know it sounds like I’m selling something, but I’m not! :smiley: I’m just a regular Webflow user who had the same problem for more than a year trying to add multi-language support to my site, have also tried Localize.js without success, and now I’m happy that WeGlot got me out of the weeds.

I hope it helps!

2 Likes