Keeping focus on the edit after going into preview

Hey guys,

As I’m design in the C D view, I need to preview things a lot because what you see is really not what you get in those views. I’m ok with it.

The pain is that when I go back from the preview, the element I was editing is not focused anymore and I have to select it again. I my case there is about 3 or 4 layers of things (rows, cols, picture, side texts, etc …) I have to go thru before reaching the element I was editing.

So, keeping focus on the edit after going into preview would help a lot !

Just for sake to put clarity here, let’s assign letters to resolution formats :

A is Defaut view
B is Tablet Portrait view
C is Mobile Landscape view
D is Mobile Portrait view

Thank you !

I’m not sure if you already do this, but when you are back off the preview, simply click the ‘Navigator’ button:

And then you can click the element you want.

However, I agree that keeping the focus on a certain element when you return the to design tab would be extremely useful.

Hope this helps,
Bertie

@bew yes I do use this a lot. But still in Navigator, it’s always go back on the top by default. Many row as the same name as they use the same classes … So it’s not that usefull.

And two, there is not keyboard shortcuts. A S D works but F G should be working too !

Thanks for your input :smile:
P

1 Like

Great suggestions! I just added them to our list! :slight_smile:

Btw, to navigate to Parent and children elements faster you can select an element and hit the UP and DOWN arrows on your keyboard. That’s what I do and it’s super fast. You can go to sibling elements too by hitting RIGHT and LEFT arrows. Hope this helps!

2 Likes

I already do :slight_smile: I would be almost impossible to work without this. Do you guys have a full list of all the short cuts ?

Thank you !

1 Like

You can hit SHIFT+/ in the designer to see the shortcuts. We’ll clean it up soon.