Issues having my site float center of the browser

Hello,

All help is appreciated. I am simply tired at this point trying to figure this out. I probably should’ve come here earlier but I kept trying to read forum and find something that worked. Everything I’ve tried has got me here.

Please save me.

Thanks,

Zach

Here is my site Read-Only: LINK
(how to share your site Read-Only link)

Hey Zach,

Happy to help! To clarify- are you looking to center all of content on the page?

Yes! I just want it all to be centered all the time no matter the size of the browser window!

Edit: But within the 1200px max width mark. Ive tried to implement a standard 10% padding on each view too (Desktop/mobile)

Gotcha, thanks!

So the quick fix is to remove the 10% position settings on the relative position of the content. But I would say best practice on this would be to remove all the positioning and padding styling on the content element, and instead create a “page-wrapper” div with auto margin on the left and right, and a max width of 1200px, then put all the page content in there. Here’s a quick video to show you what I mean

hope that helps!

1 Like

You are an absolute legend. Thank you for taking the time to screen record and really break it down for me. Let me know your cash app or paypal.me link so I can send you $5 for a coffee!

Thanks again!