Issues changing color on rich text field in interactions

Hey Webflow Community,

I’m new to webflow and making my first site on the platform. I love the showcase and have been cloning/copying a bunch of different projects over to my website. I recently cloned @DuncanHamra’s project to my personal account here and have been trying to copy it over to my website but have been having issues with the rich text field on the Blog Posts template page.

I need to make an interaction that changes the color of the text from black to white and vice versa as the sun changes to the moon and vice versa. I believe my issue stems from the rich text field not inheriting its styling from the Body, but I don’t know how to fix this. If you look in the interactions of the working site you can see that the Body text color is an interaction that changes the color of the entire page, but when I do that on my site it only changes the color of certain headings and text fields (NOT the rich text field). Does anyone have any idea why this is happening and what I can do to fix it?

Here is my public share link: https://preview.webflow.com/preview/akb-modern?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=designer&utm_content=akb-modern&preview=b42d5721882da9b7ec52b238acdff3a4&mode=preview. The issue is shown on the Blog posts template page of my site.

1 Like

Hi @akizzlebrand!

Have you tried styling “All paragraphs” or "All H1s? From your description, it sounds like you may have already checked that.

Hey @DuncanHamra, thanks so much for your response and for your contributions to the community! They really help! I have tried styling All Paragraphs. I don’t think I did a good job of explaining. When creating an interaction for the Body text color to change from black to white the paragraphs in the rich text field don’t change color. I don’t know if it’s a styling issue or something I’m doing wrong.

UPDATE: Wait @DuncanHamra I think that was my issue! I’m going to try and get the interactions going, but I’m pretty sure my issue was resolved. I didn’t know I could reset the value to inherit from the body like that. Thanks so much!

1 Like

Awesome! Glad you hear it’s working :grin:

Hope to see you around the forums! BTW - Your site is looking good so far! Did you make the pricing section yourself?

No, I wish :frowning: I got it from cards2.webflow.io. I was always taught in school not to reinvent the wheel, just learn how it works so I’m cloning and learning what’s behind the things I cloned.

1 Like

That’s the best way to learn in my opinion!

1 Like