Issue with Fixed background position:relative

Hi,

So I am encountering a problem whereby I can only set a background image to fixed if the position is auto. I am working with z-index so it is a little inconvenient.

If anyone knows how to fix this or a workaround that would be great.

Thanks,
Arthur

What if you nest a div in another? The first get the position property, the nested the bg property…

Doesn’t work - the same problem happens… Is this the case for everyone or is it just me??

Can you please share your project’s public link so it’s easier to understand your issue?

Learn how to do it here: Share a read-only link | Webflow University

@vincent https://preview.webflow.com/preview/nrly-clone?preview=372a4d85c6a13dd046e74cbc637e2fae is the link - I want the entire hero to remain fixed and the segments to move over it. (based on part of your sandbox I think :smile:)

Thanks,
Arthur

Like this? Google Chrome – Tapes

Exactly… how was that achieved???

I give you the tip at the end of the video. Each of the following sections have position:relative in order to activate their inherited z-index property. And of course the container of the text in the hero section is given position:fixed.

@vincent thats weird becuase it is working perfectly for you, for me it looks like this:

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Arthur

Hi @Arthur, it might just be me, but the video you have linked to will not open for me. Could you check that ? Cheers,
Dave

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.