Is there an option to blog?

Since my URL (lightlabstudios.com) is pointed to the Webflow servers, and I would install dropplets here, I’m not sure I understand. Or would I need to have Dropplets hosted through another provider?

Hey @Erica_Schreiber - I was going off the assumption that you would be exporting the code from webflow and then hosting it on your server. Currently that would be the only way to make it work.

Essentially you are setting the dropplets root page /blog (or whatever) and without access - you’re not going to be able to make it work on the webflow server.

My recommendation would be to stick to the original plan, build your template in webflow (or entire site and leave a blank div for your dropplets blog), export the code, upload to your server, install dropplets on a sub-folder and set its root to be at the /blog page.

Hope that helps…

JSB

Hi Erica,

How did you go with integrating Dropplets with a Webflow theme?
I’m quite interested in seeing it.

Cheers.

Hey @james, sorry to ask, but do you can made some tutorial about it?

I am trying for some days do this blog integration, but i really going crazy about it.
I installed dropplets in a folder called “blog”, remove a multiview line from the .htaccess file … and them i tryied several things without sucess.

Can you help me?

thanks!!!

Hey @felps85 - I’ve certainly hit my head against many a wall before finally getting things to work (and knowing why they worked haha) so I’m happy to help.

I’ve been meaning to put a blog on our site for some time now - so, I’ll document the process from webflow, to servers, to implementing the blog, ect. and then publish it all… on the blog (and here of course)

you can sign up for updates, and watch it go up here: lionsmouthdigital.com

Probably won’t be done till next week though…

cheers

JSB

1 Like

Hey everyone - I haven’t forgotten this, but I did want to get input about the platform I use for it, before I build it.

We have started using the Statamic CMS Statamic.com for our client’s sites - and it has been really easy to translate from a Webflow static site to their platform. Obviously that is a little more involved than just adding a dropplets blog to a webflow site. I’m happy to show how to implement a dropplets blog, but also wanted to see if showing how to take your webflow site and put it on their CMS, which would also give you the blogging feature.

I know not everyone wants or needs a CMS so - feel free to comment and let me know what would be most helpful.

Thanks!

JSB
lionsmouthdigital.com

1 Like

Great option i think!
You have to buy one license for every site you made in statamic?

Seems more easy to install than joomla, but i am really bad in this matters rs. I will try to learn more! But i hope that webflow made a design blog widget rsssssssss

tks a lot man! And webflow, you are amazing!

I would like a basic tutorial on how t migrate a Webflow export to Statamic. I tried a couple of times but did not got the hang of all things. So a basic step by step so you get a hang of what the different files do and where to put things. The tutorials I found so far did not helped me that much.

1 Like

@james !

Are you still updating this page with a tutorial? It would be awesome to see how we can incorporate a blog from dropplets into webflow? And also do you know of a simple way clients could edit those blogs without having to write markup? Making it easy for them in a way where there is no coding involved?

1 Like

As a designer/entrepreneur, I need Webflow to have everything (website, blog, eCommerce) in one place. Otherwise, I need to get outside help or spend countless hours troubleshooting integrations and learning code. Wix, Webs, Weebly, Squarespace, Cubender, etc. have done this.

This platform is SO close to perfection for small businesses…

4 Likes

I can’t wait for integrated blogs! I LOVE working on web flow so far…just waiting for CMS. Any update on when these features will be available?

Thanks!

3 Likes

Guys, I am a little bit stressed that you are not going to make this feature. Any website requires blogging :frowning:

Hey James,

I was wondering if there were any step by step instructions or videos on how to implement dropplets into webflow. Do you think you might be able to do a tutorial of some kind for us?

Is it possible to keep the navigation header and footer from the webflow site and just implement dropplets into the main body?

Thanks!

Hey @DFink and everyone… sorry I haven’t been too active here. I’ve never really done a tutorial before, and I think I should give it a try. Frankly we don’t really use droppplets anymore to add a blog since we do everything on Statamic which gives us a whole heck of a lot more.

That being said… for the majority of people who want to just simply add a blog, I do think Droppplets is a great solution. It is easy to set up, and you can still control the look and feel of the blog with styles created in webflow.

I’ll make a tutorial that would give you the basics of what it takes to start in webflow, and then add a blog… but you must know upfront that the only way to do it is by exporting your site and hosting it yourself. This is NOT a code snippet and magically you have a blog. So as long as that is understood then I’m happy to help people walk through it all.

That would be great to see a tutorial. I only need simple blogging capabilities for clients. I never host on webflow anyway due to the lack of emails which you get free for the same price at bluehost so expoting will happen regardless. Thanks!

I’ve struggled with the blog issue as well for quite some time. Sure, I’m able to modify WordPress to look like my main site created with Webflow but it’s a pain and time consuming for me. I have even admittedly explored moving to Squarespace, Weebly and others as an option. What I found is they restrict my needs too much for feasibility.

I have seen Wordpress’s embedded timelines but I’ve never used it or know if it is functional still. I have found something named themematch.com which looks like it is easy but I would like to know if anyone else had tried them. Their site looks a little silly but it could be an easy option I may have to try. Anyone ever use them before?

So basically you want to make your webflow design work with your blog?
Are people still finding this difficult?

If anyone is looking for a blogging option, I’ve started a thread for that purpose: http://forum.webflow.com/t/a-blog-platform-that-uses-webflow-themes-will-it-fly/13616/7

1 Like