Streaming live at 10am (PST)

Is there a list for newbies on what controls are CSS and what are HTML?

I thought everything left navigator was HTML and everything on the right Styles was CSS. I just messed up my Laptop layout when changing only the Styles controls for the Tablet layout. I thought from all the videos I’ve watched changes do not cascade upstream only down to smaller device formats.

I thought from all the videos I’ve watched changes do not cascade upstream only down to smaller device formats.

Style changes will cascade two ways from the base breakpoint—down to smaller screens (mobile devices) and up to larger screens (above 991px). This changed somewhat recently when larger breakpoints were added, so older videos may not take into account the addition of the new sizes.

Can you give us a bit more detail on what style was changed that affected other breakpoints?

I did so many changes that I don’t know what I did that changed the layouts UP stream. :frowning_face:

I’m guessing that it has to do with changing functions of the flex boxes or adding additional flex boxes

I reread you post. The change is happening when I was laying out the tablet layout. It was effecting the desktop layout.

It’s going to be hard to say what exactly caused the change, can you include a screenshot to help illustrate what you think you were changing and how it affected the other breakpoint?

Keep in mind that any changes to the layout of elements on your page will affect all breakpoints, but thankfully both grid and flexbox allow for elements to be reordered with style changes (that won’t affect breakpoints “upstream”).