Interactive Pokeball

Hey guys!

Much like 90% of the world right now, I’m loving Pokemon GO and one thing that has really stood out for me, has been the great UI. This inspired me to create a little interactive pokeball… however this little project evolved massively.

What was originally a simple, flat, little 2D pokeball which jiggled on hover, has now become a fully functioning(ish) pokeball which you can open, spin, shrink and enlarge.

I’ve been working on this for a couple of weeks now and I just watched @PixelGeek 's workshop on Pokemon GO’s UX design so I thought now would be a good time to share.

Link straight to my pokeball

Webflow share link of the whole site

For those of you who haven’t seen it, @PixelGeek did a workshop video all about Pokemon GO’s UX over on the Webflow YouTube channel, definitely worth a watch - What web designers can learn from Pokemon GO’s UX

4 Likes

I’m not really following the whole Pokemon thing BUT this is super cool man, nice job!

1 Like

Thanks man! I really appreciate it :slight_smile:

So inspirational on what we can do in Webflow. I’m just making standard websites and really want to get into more of the interactive stuff. I used to be a Flash queen so it’s time to jump back in again. Thanks for showing us!

I love finding out what’s possible with Webflow.

I’m glad this has inspired you @susanmacphee

1 Like

Absolutely blown away @Olliepop excellent job!!! Are you on Dribbble yet? You should share this on there or send me a link to your post of it if you already have :smiley:

Thanks @Waldo, I don’t think I even have a dribbble account. I’ll be sure to set something up on there tonight!

1 Like