Dear Web Wizards,
Loving the new Spline integration, but I’m having trouble getting page interactions to work with my spline scene across different pages.
Put simply: I have page-level interactions (like whilst scrolling, page laod, mouse move in viewport) that interact with a simple spline scene and manipulate it through movement, rotation, etc.
These interactions are set up to ‘affect all elements with this class’ - with the class in question being the lottie animation which I have across multiple pages.
These interactions work as expected for the first page (my home page) - but they don’t trigger for my other pages unless I manually re-create the interaction again.
This is unexpected behaviour (behaving more like ‘affect selected element’ rather than ‘affect class’) and is slowing down my design speed.
Steps to reproduce:
- On home page, add new spline scene
- Add class to spline scene (e.g. ‘Spline Hero Animation’)
- On home page, add new page-level interaction (e.g. on page load)
- Link this interaction to the class ‘Spline Hero Animation’ and select ‘affect all elements with this class’.
- Test this interaction to make sure it works on the home page.
- Create new page, copy the spline scene to the new page
- Add the same page-level interaction you previously created
- Observe that the spline scene is unaffected - both in ‘Live Preview’ in the editor and on the published site.
For now, I will be re-creating the animation from scratch on every page that I needed, but I wanted to report this in case anyone else has come across the same issue.
Anyone who has solved it, I would appreciate any guidance, otherwise this goes to the Webflow team & I hope you can fix it soon.