Interactions not working when page is redirected from other page

Greetings,

I’m designing a site that has a blog. When I open the page blog it displays 2 columns with all blog posts. I made an interaction that shows the post image every time the user mouse hover the blog post.

Also there’s button at the top left with a logo and another one in the top right with an image, that appears when user scrolls down. The one on the right when clicked it shows a navigation column.

All works fine in the blog page, but every time I click a category, the page loads the posts from that category (which is perfect) but neither the blog’s interaction (the one that shows the blog image every time the user’s mouse hover) works nor the images at the top left and right appears!

Yet if I preview the categories template from the designer all works!

Can someone help me, please!

https://preview.webflow.com/preview/visaopura?utm_source=visaopura&preview=ff67962eb5df9bed24e61cb3b7bd4c2c

Here is my site Read-Only: LINK
(how to share your site Read-Only link)

Is there any place where I can report this bug?
Because it seems no one can find the error!
And the support doesn’t seem to want to help!

Hi @Mauricio_C_G_Pereira,

Thank you so much for reaching out in regards to your interactions, and I’m happy to help!

I was able to create a clone of you project, and test the interactions on the Categories pages as you can see in the following short screencapture: Screen Recording 2018-10-15...

Currently, I am unable to reproduce what you are experiencing on my end.

Can you please try the following:

(1) Try to reproduce the error while being logged into Webflow using Incognito mode with browser extensions turned off: Browse in private - Computer - Google Chrome Help

(2) If the problem persists, please take a screenshot of your Console and send it to me: Image 2018-04-10 at 12.28.2...

Also, could you please let me know what browser version you’re using by sending me your information from this page? https://www.whatismybrowser.com/

There should be a small share link when you visit the page which you can send to me.

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Hello @mistercreate,
Thanks for your answer.
I’ll try to make a short video describing what’s happening. At this moment I’m out of office, but as soon as I arrive I’ll do it and send it to you.
But basically the problem (the interactions not working) occurs when I preview the site via home and navigate to the other pages.
When I preview directly the blog and post pages, it works fine, but if I preview the home and navigate to other pages the interactions stop working.
Thanks

Hi @Mauricio_C_G_Pereira

This sounds related to an issue where using a link with a blank href will cause the page to reload at the top.

Our team is pushing a fix for this now and it should be live soon. I’ll check back here as soon as the fix is live to see if this resolved the issue for you. :bowing_man:

1 Like

Hello @Brando,
Don’t know if that’s the case, because the href aren’t blank!
Here’s a small video: https://we.tl/t-aXWiL3vdJK
Thanks

Hi @Mauricio_C_G_Pereira

Thanks so much for creating a video about this issue. It definitely helps us see and understand the issue clearly.

Basically, it looks like interactions won’t trigger if you switch from page to page while the preview mode is active. As far as I can tell this only affects the Designer and not the live site — is that the behavior on your end as well?

I’ve reported this to the team and will post back here when we have new information. :bowing_man:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.