Interactions aren't playing while navigating through preview menu

Hi,

the interactions I’ve built on the site aren’t working when I start navigating through the menu. They only play properly while I start the preview out from the specific site. I don’t know if this is a webflow bug, or if something is wrong with my interactions.

Many thanks for help,
Nadine

Here is my site Read-Only: https://preview.webflow.com/preview/yah-2018?utm_source=yah-2018&preview=468b7384c1123b7fa404f88cf495c713

Hi, @youngandhyperactive!

My name is Ben and I’m happy to help! I jumped in and did some investigating in your site and I think you are referring to some of the elements in your menu interaction being visible on the canvas even though their initial state is set to be hidden by the interaction.

When you preview the site, or view it as published it all works as intended. The reason they are showing is to make it easier for you to see, manipulate, and style those elements without going into the interaction. If you don’t want to see them in the Designer, just set their display state to display:none and then have your interaction display them as you want then to appear! :slight_smile:

Let me know if you have any other questions and I’ll be happy to assist you further!

1 Like

Hi @rileyrichter,

thanks for your response. That’s not what I meant.
I have interactions on each site. But if I navigate through the preview mode, this interactions don’t play.

For example: Go to home. Start Preview Mode. Click on the Menu. (1) Click on “warum wir” - scroll through the site and check if the background switch from white to dark is playing. Click on the menu again. If (1) isn’t showing correctly, you can’t click on the menu again. Click on “Wie wir arbeiten”. (2) This site should start with a dark header. Sometimes this is also not showing.

But if you quit the preview mode and start it again from this specific site, everything works fine again.

Thanks a lot.

So sorry for the delay in replying! I jumped back in to check what you were mentioning and it seems you’ve deleted or renamed your site. Can you share you read-only link again?

Thanks!

@rileyrichter
Sure, sorry :smiley:
https://preview.webflow.com/preview/yah-2018?utm_source=yah-2018&preview=de93c958f3c3a402b5d8e834db17b58f

Thanks so much for sharing! Yes, this is a bug that the team knows about and is working on.

The interactions sometimes don’t work properly when navigating between pages in preview mode.

However, on the published versions of the site the interactions work without issue. I’ve added your project into the issue the team is working on. As soon as we have a fix I’ll post back here and let you know!

Thanks @rileyrichter, good to know :slight_smile:

1 Like

No problem! So glad to help! The site looks amazing, btw! :smiley:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.