Streaming live at 10am (PST)

Initial state of hidden/opacity zero is having no effect

This is an issue that’s much more clear if I demonstrate it than if I try to explain it.

I’ve made a brief video that demonstrates it here: Loom | Free Screen & Video Recording Software

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Here is my public share link: Webflow - New York Jazz Bands 2021

Hi @Chuck_Braman thanks for the post. Is the issue only happening when switching pages in the designer and also on the published site, or just in the designer on your end?

​Thanks in advance
.cd

1 Like

Hi @Chuck_Braman your main problem is in setting that determine what elements should be effected with animation. This part need revision. When you fix this part of setting it should work as expected.

EDIT: You should also pay attention to animation events order, this mean you should place show/hide on first place. Hope that make sense. :wink:

1 Like

Thank you, @cyberdave, @Stan,

Stan, following your advice fixed the issue.

Dave, I can’t tell now because the effect is now working after implementing Stan’s suggestions.

Thanks very much to you both, it’s great to have this working.

1 Like

Hi @cyberdave, @stan,

Well, I think this is finally the home stretch, but it turns out that, although the animation is working much better, there are still a couple of puzzling bugs or anomalies.

I made a short video that demonstrates them here: Loom | Free Screen & Video Recording Software

Apart from these issues, the website is very close to finished.

If you could offer any insight or advice as to how to clean them up, if they can be cleaned up, I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

The project link is here: Webflow - New York Jazz Bands 2021

HI @Chuck_Braman the problem it that you are mixing distance units. You should keep units identical. What I mean change px to % on your back move to 0. When you do this simple change all should work as expected.

2 Likes

@Stan

Wow, so simple, and so obvious now that you pointed it out. Now that I’m aware of this, I won’t make the mistake again.

Thank you very much for your help again… you fixed the site, and now apart from adding alt text to the images it’s basically done.

2 Likes

Nice catch @Stan, you are rocking it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Stan, @cyberdave,

Well, believe it or not, there’s another, new anomaly in the behavior of navigation that has me baffled again. I’m hoping you’re finding these issues stimulating and not aggravating!

This one is short and simpler, and demonstrated here: Loom | Free Screen & Video Recording Software

I’m grateful as ever if you can offer any insight as to the cause of this…

Here is a fresh project link: Webflow - New York Jazz Bands 2021

Hi Chuck please follow forum rules to create for each issue a new request with proper request title that makes issue and possible solution easy to find by other forum mebers.

Anyway here is link to solution but feel free to find more articles on internet.

@Stan,

Thank you for finding and sharing the link to a solution.

My apologies for not starting a new request as the topic changed. I was unaware that that was a rule. I will do that from now on.

As the solution was code, I could not figure how to implement it. (I tried pasting it into the site settings in the Custom Code > Head Code section, which of course did not work.)

In any case, I looked up the issue on the Webflow Forum using Google, and up popped 20 or so posts on the topic. #14 had the solution that worked for me: Animations break layer order in Safari bug

hi @Chuck_Braman glad to see you have find solutions to your original issue on your own.
Have a great day

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.