In Ecommerce site, interactions breaking - Internet Explorer 11

Hello, I’ve found that converting a site to an ecommerce site breaks all javascript interactions on IE11. I went into dev tools and found this error: Object doesn’t support property or method ‘entries’.

Upon further research, I found that IE11 doesn’t support Object.entries. As far as I could tell from looking at the massive minified jquery file, the lines with that code were near ecommerce stuff. It also looks like there are a bunch of json objects with parameters for animations at the bottom of the file, which makes sense because no animations were working on IE11. I also verified that no jquery events were loading under the events tab in IE11 on objects where they were loading in all other browsers.

I didn’t dig around much more than that, because minified js isn’t my favorite thing in the world, but I hope this gives a decent idea of what’s going on. Is there any fix for this, or at least an estimate for when webflow will be fixing this? For now, I’ve just been adding a bunch of custom code, which hurts my soul a little.

Thanks!

EDIT: As a side note, this issue appears to be closely related: IE11 Add to cart not working - #8 by Brando

Thanks to my wonderful coworker, adding this line to the head sections actually seems to have fixed it!
<script src=“https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/babel-polyfill/7.6.0/polyfill.js”>
Basically it’s using polyfills to convert unsupported code to something hacky, making IE11 actually work! Any feedback would be welcome.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.