Hey guys, I’m looking for a recommendation on improving gtmetrix on our site, made and hosted via webflow (sightplan.com).
Im getting few negative marks on these particular items:
- Serve scaled images (F). The following images are resized in HTML or CSS. Serving scaled images could save 330.5KiB (74% reduction).
- basically webflow serves retina images via downscale vs calling the the dpi images via media queries. Is there way around this?
- Combine images using CSS sprites (F). Optimizing the following images could reduce their size by 23.9KiB (36% reduction).
- not trivial but but still would love your recommendation on this.
- Specify a Vary: Accept-Encoding header (B). The following publicly cacheable, compressible resources should have a “Vary: Accept-Encoding” header.
- Looking for a suggestion here.
- Prefer asynchronous resources (B). The following resources are loaded synchronously. Load them asynchronously to reduce blocking of page rendering.
- Is there a way to achieve this?
- I see that there is a way to minify CSS, but no JS.
- On YSLOW test. Add Expires headers. There are 4 static components without a far-future expiration date.
- is there a way to add this expiries manually, those are css and js files.