Impossible to update all CMS items coming from zapier [Validation Failure]

Hello,

Impossible to update a live item generated with zapier.
CF my video below Loom | Free Screen & Video Recording Software | Loom

I can update items which aren’t coming from zapier

I clear cache and web navgation and try on other browsers. The problem still appears

Here is my site Read-Only: Webflow - Poptribe

Hello @samliew & @QA_Brandon

I take the opportunity to ask you because I’m really annoyed by this problem. Maybe you’ll get an answer to my problem.

Best regards

Hi @lemundibu, unfortunately since we cannot save changed items in a collection through a share link, I am unable to recreate your issue.

However, how are you using zapier with your collections? I am not sure where your issue is coming from?

Can you provide additional context?

Hello @QA_Brandon,

Thank you for your answer.

I’m using zapier to create collections from a form with several columns :

I use zapier in this way :
IF a new spreadsheet row is added in spreadsheet THEN create a live item in this webflow collection with the spreadsheet data.

I guess (but I’m not sure) it’s linked to zapier because :

• I can’t modify ALL CMS items coming from zapier.
  • I can modify all the others CMS items that weren’t created with zapier but by myself in a “classic way”

Feel free to ask me if you need more informations.

best regards

Ok! To answer ur question, no u can’t change a zapped line within collections. Since that line it directly related to the spreadsheet field.

My question would be why r u changing the LIVE fields after? That’s the whole point of a form submission through Zapier.

Only way to change this would be to use the update fixed within Zapier! Basically use this instead of create new. However, this may not work for ur way of doing things.

What is the concept behind Zapier now and changing after submission?! Are u creating user fields? If so i would recommend memberstack for this! Easier to update after the fact!!!

My need is to change the live items to update some parts of each item (correct spelling mistakes, update text every day…).

I don’t create user fields but kind of mini data dashboards that my users (through memberstack:D) can consult.

I have data in my spreadsheet that I update every day for each user and that I would like to see updated live in webflow.

Hi @lemundibu, Im gonna have to do some research on this. I will ask around and see if anyone has any other thoughts on the matter.

@cyberdave, @mistercreate, @rileyrichter, @Brando, @webdev, @mattvaru, @matthewpmunger any of you guys come across this issue before?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1 Like

Hello! @lemundibu!

Ben here with the Webflow Customer Support Team!

Do you mind sending me a DM with screenshots of your Zaps? I’d be happy to take a look and see if I can spot the issue here.

2 Likes

Hello, @lemundibu! I have a solution for you! :webflow_heart:

I made a quick video to explain how this works. You can view it here:

CloudApp

Let me know if you have any other questions and I’ll do my best to help! :smiley: :webflow_heart:

1 Like

Ben this was awesome!

1 Like

Thanks so much, Brandon! I learned the hard way on this one! :smiley: :webflow_heart:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.