Images not magnified as expected on mobile portrait

Hi there,

I have been trying to apply the magnifying effect which I learnt from “Image magnification on hover” lesson for my collection page. It wasn’t so successful at the beginning as the images I loaded were too large. The magnifying glass seems working fine now except on “mobile portrait”.

Image isnt magnified at where it should be. Basically magnified image isnt shown.

I reckon its because of the size of images. Since “responsive images” coming from any CMS field are not supported, may I ask for any advice or tip on this issue please?

The issue seems minor but people use their mobile to do online shopping more often now. I want to make it perfect.

I appreciate any help. Thank you!

well… or does anyone know the code to disable the magnifying effect on mobile portrait?

I appreciate any help :upside_down_face:

okay… I figured. The magnifying glass on mobile portrait is now disabled.

However, if anyone knows how to make the magnifying glass work on mobile portrait, please do share with me!!! THANKS!

Hi Inez, can I ask you how you disabled the magnifying glass on Mobile portrait? I have an issue where the magnified area overruns the viewport and causes a kind of scrolling effect on the righthand side so I’d like just to disable the effect on mobile.
Thanks in advance :slight_smile: