I created a filtered checkbox with selections for architects, interior designers, etc.
I think I created the same cms filter from the collection list to the UI filters but the checkboxed filter is not working when I click on each profession (architects, etc(. I noticed also that the collection list I created in mult-reference field don’t show in the Collection List I created and I am relegated to using option for the collection. Any help would be appreciated.
Here is my public share link: LINK
(how to access public share link)
Hi @premiumd !
Glad to help:
- Remember that the CMS Filter only works when you publish the project. As I checked here it seems to be working:
- Some categories are missing because you don’t have the profession selected in the CMS collection list:
- This reset attribute is not correct, you should add the identifier to be reset, in this case, you can change it to
fs-cmsfilter-reset = By Profession.
Let me know if you need any other help,
That’s what I cannot figure out – how to make the Profession collection work before using the Finsweet CMS Filters. It works when I use Name, but not Profession.
I created 3 versions of Profession,
- One as a separate collection under Profession and tried that but it didn’t work.
- As a multi-reference field in Design and Build Partners page with all the sample data but when I tried to pull in the Collection list, it didn’t work
- As an Option in the same collection list, Design and Builders Page but it still didn’t pull in Profession collection
I know the Name works but what I couldn’t figure out was why the By Profession doesn’t allow me to even allow me to use it as a collection. I wonder what I am doing wrong that the collections are not allowing me to have Profession selected.
As for the Reset instruction on Clear, I’ll try that.
Hi @premiumd sorry, I didn’t get it what you are trying to achieve. Could you record a loom.com video to show me, please?
I’d recommend republishing and using Finsweet’s support tool to make sure that everything is set up correctly - you can use it here: Design & Build Partners
Select CMS Filter on the panel that pops out > Run Check - more on this tool here: Attributes Support
Looks cool that you have the finsweet attributes. How did you install Finsweet? Your work shows up but not on my Webflow.
Thanks but I forgot to mention that the collection listings are locked. I tried this before and it’s showing a lock in that setting. I’m surprised though how you were able to make changes.
Hi @premiumd please check the video again, you need to disconnect all dynamic items to unlock the list.
It worked. Thanks for your help.