How to unlink copied sections

Hi there,

I’m using a template and it looks like maybe the sections were copied when designing new sections… by that I mean when I change the name of one of them, many of them change to that new name. (Right now they all say “book” but I want to change the section that says “Work with Jason” to CCC so I can make the nav link “Coaching + Consulting” drop down to that section. But with all of them changing, that’s not currently working for me.

Help? Thanks!

Here is my site Read-Only:

https://preview.webflow.com/preview/jasondigges-com?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=designer&utm_content=jasondigges-com&preview=daa3370cb9fed7435f1921d0217b6aa8&workflow=preview

Hey @kelseystratton.co , one way to rename a copied element with an applied style class:

1. Select your main class, i.e. Book in your case:
    Screen Shot 2021-08-11 at 4.15.45 PM

2. Right click on Book and select Duplicate Class:
    Screen Shot 2021-08-11 at 4.17.22 PM

3. This will duplicate the class and rename it to Book copy which now you can rename to CCC:
    Screen Shot 2021-08-11 at 4.18.39 PM

And you are done. As you can see from your Navigator, this only affects the chosen section and all the other sections are still named Book.
Screen Shot 2021-08-11 at 4.19.19 PM

Done, THANK YOU SO MUCH!

1 Like

Glad I was able to help @kelseystratton.co , happy designing :grin: :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.