How to improve PageSpeed (Eliminate render-blocking resources & Reduce unused JavaScript)

Hi all,

I am a bit of a loss here. My site’s page speed on mobile is terrible. Specifically, render-blocking resources and unused JS are the problem.

I have read and watched quite a few tutorials at this point and still have no clue of to improve these stats. I even spoke with the CTO of another startup and they told me to just self-host. Apparently the issue is that Webflow does not split its JS packages but just sends one huge file that takes ages to load, slowing down the site in the process.

Is there anyone who can guide me in the right direction to get my page speed up?

Site: bitsfordigits.com

I’d export it through Stacket. I’m REALLY new to Webflow and that thing has saved me literal hours of recoding things.

Stacket.app

If you exported the site how would e-commerce work?

Wizardry. I have no idea how it functions, it just does.

Well then a demo is in order to confirm before people waste hard earned money. I can’t wait to see editing CMS collections off Webflow.

[http://www.igglepud.com]

CMS still in place and my contact form even works.

1 Like

@Igglepud - CMS pages are copied statically but the functionality only exists on Webflow within the designer. That means that only publicly linked and visible pages make it over for the conversion.

What about cost? A pro plan on stacket (remove branding and obfuscated javascript source code injected into pages sources, which you have no idea what it is doing) is €19.99 per month, on top of your Webflow plan. Want to use all the features being promoted across the forum by various users? That would be €99.99 per month plus your Webflow plan (required when over 50 CMS items). I know that price is for 10 sites. I guess that might count out single project owners due to the expense.

I doubt Webflow’s ecommerce would work on an exported site, and I don’t have one to test. Unless you have tested that, please don’t promote it.

2 Likes

My thoughts also, I’m not quite sure how this would be practical for most applications. Certainly an interesting idea. The promise of GDPR/cookie law compliance is at least interesting as Webflow has failed to address this.

I saw it being promoted across this forum, but couldn’t see a concrete example.

The promo website lists testimonials from actual Unsplash stock images which helped put me off!

2 Likes

@gar68 - You can basically do the same thing the app is doing with WGET. Have a script that mirrors your site after you publish to a local folder, push to GitHub repo, and publish with vercel, netllify, etc.

1 Like

Thanks Jeff @webdev I didn’t know that.

Like I said on the other post, it does exactly what I need it to. I don’t really care if it’s static/mirrored/whatever. The user experience is what I want it to be.

1 Like

Here is the founder of Stacket

@webdev

Do you mean your comment Seriously?

You are judging & talking bad publicly about an app that actually solves big major problems of Webflow and basically solves here every 5th question and the half of the wishlist and saves not only a bunch of costs that I will explain here but also headache and time and opens doors users never had before that YOU can not accept.

I am giving the users an option to not only save the hosting costs for static pages entirely, but also export the sites automatically to GitHub, Improve the Pagespeed without effort by Automatic Optimizations and I have the right to secure the javascript code by obfuscating it.

CMS pages are copied statically but the functionality only exists on Webflow within the designer. That means that only publicly linked and visible pages make it over for the conversion.

Basically you are wrong, my app exports your whole CMS and it works as described and even with example websites provided to you. I have a bigger list of example websites running in production.

What about cost? A pro plan on stacket (remove branding and obfuscated javascript source code injected into pages sources, which you have no idea what it is doing)

Since you can save the hosting costs for static websites completly, you will save loads of money and it gets really noticed while you are growing. There are customers having “some” more projects than 10 and with each project they save a certain amount from the original hosting costs which results in they can save a lot of money.

There are clients (tons) who sits in Europe and NEED (not want), they NEED and REQUIRE GDPR Compliance. If you violate against such things, you kindly avoid legal tickets you will receive. You are maybe in USA and have no interest in it, but there are “some” other customers who sit in Europe and NEED it. For this little amount, it is “quite” okay and people came to me and said to me > I saved their life and it is like that.

When we talk about CMS, they save anyway tons of money. And you know why? There were times (still) were people couln’t export CMS content, have no control over the site, no HSTS header, no advanced performance or security, no WebP, no AVIF, no custom sitemap, no custom file extensions, nothing literally.

If you want custom security headers, Webflow welcomes you with an xxxxx (5 digits) amount per year. With Stacket, you can start doing that with the free plan (FREE), which saves you an 5 digits amount per year (only cost savings of 1 feature).

Want to Improve Pagespeed by exporting and replacing images manually every entire time you have updated something? Costs you ages and a lot headache doing that every single time.

As you can see, the cost savings & the features with the app are dramatically and emotionally even you are not seeing it.

Want to see the cost savings when Memberships and Logic will come? Then it’s getting really interesting.

You can basically do the same thing the app is doing with WGET. Have a script that mirrors your site after you publish to a local folder, push to GitHub repo, and publish with vercel, netllify, etc.

I can also rebuilt all software out there. It is worth? This is an other question.

1 Like

@Stacket

Exactly where did I do that?

Can I see the unaltered script and why are you obfuscating it?

I am not against anyone making money. If people want to pay to use your product/app then I am happy for you. I was simply pointing out the pricing and plan limitations from your own site.

@Jan-Philipp_Peters - is looking for help on improving page speed scores. Since his project uses Memberstack, and WF E-commerce, I did not see how exporting his site would solve his problem. Does your app support Webflow e-commerce and memberstack?

1 Like

Exactly where did I do that?

@webdev You clearly know what I am talking about.

Can I see the unaltered script and why are you obfuscating it?

A funny one. That is like requesting Webflow to see the source code of the Webflow Platform.

I am not against anyone making money.

Looks like you still not understand that major webflow problems being solved here.

@Stacket – Ooof, those are some standoffish replys to @webdev, who is really only pointing out some important questions that Webflow customers should be asking. Chances are they’re looking for solutions based on client needs and a blanket “Stacket will work for that!” can only go so far.

I’ve seen a lot of posts recently recommending the service, however I’m in the same hesitant boat as Jeff and would love to get some more concrete information or examples for some of the claims. It sounds like a great option for some of my potential clients, but a one-page website and some community posts aren’t going to make me put my client’s project (or my reputation as a developer) on the line.

Are there any videos showcasing the process from start to finish that you can share? Maybe a live stream recording I can check out?

As Jeff mentioned, @Jan-Philipp_Peters has a project with Memberstack and Webflow Ecommerce. Not only does your site not mention anything about e-commerce support, but some of the FAQ answers do very little to instill the same level of confidence that I have in Webflow’s infrastructure:

1 Like

Nope, I just needed to clarify here what is the app for and what big improvements people can await. He was talking about it badly, which is not okay.

For Docs, check out the discord server here: stacket @mikeyevin

I appreciate the link to your Discord, although I’d recommend you include these docs on the marketing page. These would help gain trust and putting them behind a Discord server seems like it would only hinder folks from being able to research (and ultimately pay for) the service.

I just read through all of @webdev’s replies and all he does is point out the cost and raise questions that aren’t readily available. I think that’s more than fair, and presents a great opportunity for you to give some more clarity on the service and how (without giving away your trade secrets) it helps solve the question posed in the thread.

1 Like

Yes, will follow in some near time to put it on the marketing site etc.