How to get image URL with exposed extension from Google Drive?

Hi @seanivore WF is great for simple projects, but when you have high expectation of complexity, reliability, expandability etc. the WF is most probably not suitable for your project. Yes WF looks nice and is easy to create something looking like website for “no coder” as WF is focused on design and not back-end.

If you have thousands of images stored in Cloudinary each have several variants, tags expecting sorting, filtering, grouping etc. any CMS is not for you as it has different purpose. You need to start looking for suitable DB and create own API.

m2c

so wild when you find a brand like webflow and are so excited because ‘its everything you ever needed all together’ and then on the other side things are just not a priority lol

i downgraded to CMS for now and set up automation with stripe – they added functionality for quality analytics but all the inventory etc i set up – fortunately there is only one of each product

and thank you for the confirmation. i’m thinking headless CMS and hopefully take my site from WF. but current wallet size makes these decisions more than anything lol

1 Like

I have build my latest project around Sanity as CMS and Svelte as “framework” so I am able create what ever I need and API calls to Sanity are relatively easy and data from complex form are stored in Google sheets.

In another project (internal app - booking calendar) I used only Supabase for data and created in Svelte my own CMS like for client to add data easily from admin workspace as there were only data. It is all about choosing right tool for job as it will be hard to use one tool set to create everything.

1 Like

Never expected Webflow to make me feel like I felt when a client had Kajabi lol.

Good deets though thank you.

I need to move off Notion eventually but is there a reason to choose Sheets over airtable? Notion taught me so much about databases (everything possibly even) that i haven’t opened a spreadsheet since lol

No special thoughts, I used G sheets as organisation is familiar with this format and will be for them easier process these data for further use or share between departments. :man_shrugging:

I’m about to post this broadly, but I can’t for the life of me figure out why sticky isn’t working across platforms. Like I know I need to make some divs shorter but I’ve never had this much trouble figuring out which — particularly because it seems to have broken all of them.

https://preview.webflow.com/preview/august-style?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=designer&utm_content=august-style&preview=71ee7a4d343b442bff5b31a001287c84&workflow=preview

ah okay so ever notice that making decisions when it is for a team / client can be so much easier than when it is for yourself? lol ugh