Streaming live at 10am (PST)

How to Get Data from an External API?

Hello everyone,

I’m currently working on a project from a company as a Front-End Designer. This company handles most of the Back-End part and they this is the first time they’ve heard about Webflow. They have asked if is it possible to fetch data from an external API. Is there a way to do that?

hi @Rafael_Jaramillo and welcome this forum is great resource of solutions so feel free to use forum Search Input Field and type “External API” or "External API Webflow " in your favourite browser before creating a new request. Here is link to search results of this forum

https://discourse.webflow.com/search?q=external%20api

1 Like

@Rafael_Jaramillo totally doable but you’ll have to go through a “glue service” like Integromat or Zapier.

1 Like

@ChrisDrit thank you for your response! Do you know of a tutorial where I follow a step by step to do this?

What I’m trying to do right now is to test the functionality of the website. I’ve designed a basic log-in form, but I need to connect with the company’s back-end database to get the information from the user.

So there is nothing specific to your needs in terms of a tutorial, but there are plenty that walk through parts of doing that.

They have asked if is it possible to fetch data from an external API. Is there a way to do that?

One of my walk throughs should give you the high level of how to do this:

Here is the basic workflow of what you need to do…

1. Create a Webflow Form
  2. Trigger the submission in Integromat/Zapier
  3. Integromat/Zapier reads, creates, updates, or deletes info from an external API

Search around on the NoCodeQuest site a bit and you’ll find other examples / screencasts / tutorials that walk through setups just like this.

It’s fairly straightforward once you get your head wrapped around it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.