How to filter out "Santa Clara" from google analytics

I keep recieving data from “Santa Clara”. I know that it from Webflow but how to filter it out using the new google analytics 4?

This one is a bit annoying, but the only way to do it in GA4 is to add a Comparison. They’ve fundamentally changed how filters work and everything is treated at report level now.

When you go to add a comparison you can set a condition to Exclude then select Device > Browser and in this list should be Webflow 1.0 - Site Screenshot

You can only have five comparisons at any time though, so this may or may not be viable depending on how much analysis you perform.

I’d like to filter by IP and treat it like internal traffic, and there have been some notes on this community about which IPs to exclude, but officially this is an unreliable method as the IPs could change from this service.

2 Likes

Thank you for the response, i have tried that solution but I agree, I’d rather filter out the IP and treat it like internal traffic.

1 Like

Hey guys, has there been any solution to filtering out the IP. The comparison option on google works but it makes reading the report weird. Thanks

Any word on how to do this yet? I’d love some help too.

Anyone figure this out?

After a long time researching, I believe I have found the solution to the issue. I have managed to stop receiving ghost visits from Santa Clara or any other Webflow server in Google Analytics 4 reports. IP exclusion doesn’t work since they are dynamic, and manually excluding Santa Clara in the filter option has never seemed very practical.

The solution in question is to enable explicit consent for analytics cookies directed to GA4, meaning, enabling a cookie consent banner where the user must explicitly consent. Since every time your website is published, there is no human to consent to these cookies through the banner; instead, it is a ghost visit or from an automated server without explicit consent, and that view is never counted.

My region belongs to the European Union, so enabling this cookie consent banner is strictly mandatory. Due to this, and incidentally, I noticed that the issue of Santa Clara visits was completely resolved.

If it serves as a solution, I have used a cloneable template in Webflow with Finsweet integration for creating this cookie banner. I hope this helps you :blush: