How to do a website to an artist (painter) with many galleries

I have to do I a website for an artist (painter) and who has an incredible number of galleries. He wants to post images on his website himself.
So how do I do this best? - in an easy way?

I guess you could use this:Multi image field.

But you’ll have to use CMS and therefore CMS hosting to publish.

Thank you!

• but this tutorial seems very confusing to me. Isn’t there a better one turorial? I don’t understand it for the purpose I want?

Hi again!
OK. Now I found out to do it.
But I don’t like the look of the preview images (see here: Screenshot by Lightshot) . I want every image to be the same in size as preview images . How do I do it? here is sharelink
Can you help me with that?

Hi @neanea6060

I have tried to create something.

(click on image above to see the whole settings)

Try having the lightbox link an overflow hidden, and a static width and height.

Set the image to width:100%; and height :100%;

And you will get something like this:

Unfortunately it is not possible in webflow to use the collection image as a background on the lightbox link, otherwhise you could have used the image as a background , set to cover, to always have the image centered in the lightbox.

Thanks a lot. It seems that you have done it correct.
So I will try, but start with this problem:
You say first: “Try having the lightbox link an overflow hidden, and a static width and height”. I can’t find “static width and height” where is it?

Oh I’m sorry, with static width and height I meant that you should fill in some values (I used 250px width, and 170px height as can be seen in the first image).

Thanks a lot. It works now!!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

But what do you mean with this: “Unfortunately it is not possible in webflow to use the collection image as a background on the lightbox link, otherwhise you could have used the image as a background , set to cover, to always have the image centered in the lightbox.” - why use the image as background?

And one more: why do you hidden the overflow in the Lightbox link?

If it was possible to use the image as a background, you could have used the background setting: center. This way the image would always be shown centered, and you would have ratio issues, some images might look a bit stretched out now when they are to high or if the width of the image itself is to small.

You can remove the overflow hidden I think, but I used overflow hidden so the lightbox does not exceed 250 x 170 pixels.

Yes, I see that come of the images is stretched a bit, as this (the EuroVision image): https://lofti-63a58ad0294712dc740e08bf33cc9efa.webflow.io/tidindi/test
How do I do that better? It is not nice?
It must be something you could do with that? Maybe in the background image?
I try to do this:

But the lightbox are showing…?

Click on the image settings and get image from and select 25 myndir.

I will think about another solution for the images being the same size.

Yes, but the images are strecthed up. This is not nice.
No other solution, so the images are not stretched?

• there must be other solution, or?

I think I have something… I have found how to use the image as a background :smiley:

Remove the image in the lightbox.
Insert a div block in the lightbox.

Give the div the following settings with background:

Leave the example-bg.png there.

Click on the div block and go to settings.

Go to dynamic style settings and select 25 myndir:

I think your images shouldnt look stretched any more.

Thanks a lot :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

the problem is solved

the problem is solved

@neanea6060 I think you could fix it by changing the justify setting on the collection list: