How to Create a Blog Membership Site with Webflow and Magic 🎉

Hi everyone :raising_hand_woman:t2:.

I recently had the pleasure of learning more about Webflow and building my very first Blog Membership site with it. Here’s a tutorial I wrote for new or experienced Webflow users: How to Build a Blog Membership Site with Magic Auth and Webflow - DEV Community 👩‍💻👨‍💻.

I hope it helps!

Really looking forward to designing more websites with Webflow and sharing more tutorials in the future :smile:.

2 Likes

This is really cool Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Of course! If you ever run into any issues setting up user authentication with Magic, or any other providers like OAuth, Firebase or Cotter, lmk! I’d be happy to help troubleshoot.

hello @seemcat, do you know if it’s possible to create a signup form like this with Oauth or firebase? Login and Login. I’ve been trying for weeks and can’t seem to figure it out. Currently using memberstack but would want to change to firebase or Oauth

Hi Thomas! Yes it is.

When you say you were “trying for weeks”, were you trying it with Memberstack?

Also, have you’ve seen Webflow’s Memberships Integration page? If not, it’s a great resource for the variety of the Auth services you could integrate with Webflow (Magic isn’t on this page yet, but you could still integrate Webflow with Magic’s SDK; as shown in the Dev.to article I shared).

Jason Dark created a Login form using Firebase Authentication and shared an easy-to-follow video tutorial here. Mackenzie Child also has a great series on how to make an awesome looking login form with Webflow, Memberstack (and other tools you’ll need) here.

memberstack worked in a day. But as I only have 200 members i’d like to user firebase/auth0 as the costs would be lower. These two i haven’t been able to figure out. I’ve followed the jason dark tutorial but the ALT+drag doesn’t work anymore and the firebase documentation has changed

1 Like

Ooh, okay. Yeah, makes sense. What specifically are you trying to do?

I ask because I don’t think you need ALT+drag to create a form similar to the Sign-up & Login pages you shared.

All you’d need to do is add a Form Block, give it the input fields you need, design it to your liking, and then update the Login / Sign-up page’s Custom Code such that clicking the, say, Sign-up button not only authenticates the user, but also to saves their information elsewhere (e.g. in your external database).

Btw, if you’re looking for a secure Auth service with a VERY friendly price for small companies, I recommend trying out Magic.link. TBH, I work for them. But gotta let you know; since you only have 200 members, you’d only need to pay less than ~$7/month with our new upcoming pricing.

1 Like