How to convert CMS into E-commerce CMS

Hi Guys!
So I started designing/ adding a lot of categories for my products in regular CMS before realizing I actually needed to create all those categories in E-commerce for my products? I’m wondering is there a fast way to transfer content from the CMS categories I created into the E-commerce CMS or do i have to re-input everything manually?

Here is my public share link: LINK
(how to access public share link)

Hi Chiara,

I feel your pain. What you can try is exporting the categories as a CSV file from the regular CMS, and import that into the E-commerce CMS. From there you just map all the correct fields to import. I can’t see why that wouldn’t work, but never hurts to try. Please let me know.

All the best,
– Noah

1 Like

Hey Noah! Thanks so much - great tip! It’s not exactly working but I think that might be for two reasons. I’m not entirely sure what the difference is between products and categories . As in they both have categories? And also it tells me that the headers don’t match up – I’m guessing that’s because the way I labelled the different categories isn’t the same, is that correct? And also is it possible that Webflow won’t let me edit all the categories/ change the names of all the e commerce categories?