How to add personalized text to products?

Hi guys,

I want to sell products with customizable text printed on them. (think personalized greeting cards) So users should be able to add custom text to any product. Any ideas how i can pull this off with ecommerce? I thought I could add the option “Free text” as a product option. But that’s not possible afaik.

Thanks for your ideas

1 Like

I have this exact same questions. Any ideas?

1 Like

Why don’t t you add a comments field to the order cart.

Hi @aaronocampo
I have the same question. You mention adding a comments field to the order cart, please can you expand on this?
I have a client who requires personalised text on their products. How can I manage this as you suggest, if some items need to be personalised, whilst others are straight off the shelf?
Thanks

Trying to bump this thread again, as its a deal breaker if I cannot offer a simple personalised text feature for 2 prospective clients. @aaronocampo mentioned adding a comments field to the order cart, but all I get is error messages stating “You can’t do that”. Any help on this would be fantastic.

I know foxy can do this, but my clients really like the seamless checkout and variants that Webflow can offer.

1 Like

@RugbyWebDesign I too can’t find this option.
@aaronocampo Can you please expand on this?

@RugbyWebDesign We’re here if you need anything.

Thanks Josh I know you are. I really need a seamless variant option though. That chocolate project you helped me with is “on hold for 6 months”, but client assures me it will go ahead.

Hi,
I want to know if you have found a solution to your problem because I have the same.
If so, how did you do it?
Thank

1 Like

Only thing comes to my mind is customer adding a comment on the check-out page (not on the product page), but this doesn’t feel intuitive at all. I am also looking for a solution to this.

Almost two years later. I’m here searching the depths of the forums for a solution for this too. I’m looking to build a website where the product needs a message input from the customer. Has Webflow come up with a solution to this?

bump bump, same here,
solution?

would be ideal if the product variations described here (Create product options and variants - Webflow University Documentation) could have a “type” of static or dynamic. and perhaps within dynamic, there could be number, string, regex, etc.

@enable_flo @spencercap @walves et al… FYI we have a solution coming for this likely in Q1 or start of Q2 which will be natively integrated to Webflow ecomm. Not ready yet but you can put a placeholder in for this! Shoot us a note at hello@monto.io if you’d like to give input on the designs that are currently set up in our dev queue.

happy to hear this and would to stay updated!

Hi is this in Beta? Some more details would be great because this is right up my street, I’m about to start building my own bubble app for integration in the future but if this solution fills the gap then I can save myself a ton of dev time. I’ve tried speaking with ‘Patrick’ about it but I’m not sure he gets what I am talking about, haha. (I don’t know what I’m talking about half the time)

@Richard3 awesome! Excited to release this soon(ish). This one isn’t in beta yet (still in design stage) but we *do have Customer Portal, CRM, and Social Proof all in beta now! :sunglasses: Please give them a try and let us know how it goes.