How to add a new filter?

Read only link - https://anikets-wondrous-project-302cf2.webflow.io/ (am talking about the three filters on the right.)

Hi,

I have a side bar (shown in the below two pictures) that essential has three filters. I want to add one more filter - “Location”. Which would have three options with checkboxes. I’ve tried a lot but can’t seem to figure out how to add this filter. Please help.

Screen Shot 2021-06-30 at 6.26.41 PM

Are you able to include the read-only link for the project by chance? A little bit more information here will definitely help us here in the community help out :+1:

Hello,

Thank you for the response. I’ve added the link in the post now. :slight_smile:

Ah okay, I think I can get enough from the staging URL to give some insight so thanks for updating the original message!

Just in case you aren’t aware, the read-only link is a bit different from your published link as it allows us to take a peek at the project in the Designer (to see how you’ve set up your structure) without the ability to save over your project at it’s current state. Normally issues are easier to solve if we have that extra layer :wink:

In terms of your question, Webflow doesn’t offer native filtering like what you’re looking to do so you’ll want to look into a third party option. Thankfully there are a couple options that you can look into:

I personally recommend the Finsweet option as it’s free (which is rad) and they have great docs and provide free assistance through their SweetJS Slack channel. The Jetboost option is a great alternative, however keep in mind that their plugins start at $9/mo each—however the setup is arguably a bit less code intensive so it’s more “plug-n-play” than the former.

Either option should give you the type of filtering you’re looking for with the added benefit of updating without a page load. That said, I don’t believe either option modifies the slug so you may want to keep your category-level pages active with their own filter for linking purposes.

Let me know if you run into any issues getting those setup :slight_smile:

Oh, I see. I just found that out. Thanks a lot. I’ll share the editor link going ahead. For this time it’s this - https://webflow.com/design/anikets-wondrous-project-302cf2.

Firstly thanks a lot for such an elaborated answer. I was searing more and got to know about jetboost. It’s a shame that webflow doesn’t allow more filters and that jetboost is not free.

Unfortunately am not a coder. I just set up jetboost. I’ll give it a try first and see if things work out.

And I will surely comment here, in case I need your help.

Once again, thanks a lot for your time. Appreciate it a lot.

No worries, glad I could give some insight!

Jetboost is definitely the better option for folks who would prefer to stay away from code, but I wouldn’t write off Finsweet’s option just because of that. Most of it involves just copy/pasting the code necessary (you really don’t need to write any yourself) thanks to their Visual Script Writer:

Then it just comes down to making sure the elements in the Designer have the correct class name and structure and you’re good to go. They’ve also got a cloneable Webflow project available with all of their CMS Library tools so you can see how things are structured.

https://webflow.com/website/How-to-Fin-sweet-CMS-Library

Either way, good luck on the project and let me know if you need any help getting things setup :webflow_heart: