How negatively will switching templates impact SEO?

When the company I work for first switched to Webflow, there wasn’t a ton of thought put into their site structure or copy, and multiple designers had their hands in it. As a result, there is a good chunk of ad-hoc sections that aren’t linked to site styles, missing or duplicate meta descriptions, unused headings, as well as other just random things.

There’s a lot that I want to rework, but it’s frustrating trying to build new pages with all the inconsistencies. I feel like it would take me less time to start from scratch essentially.

That said, the current site is presentable and functions well; we also get a decent amount of organic traffic, so I don’t want to cause any major disruptions.

I’d love to hear what your recommendations are or other possible workarounds. Thanks!

Hello Eric, welcome to the forum! :partying_face:

Rebuilding the site can be more straightforward than messing with a chaotic layout!
If you’d go the rebuild route, you could save a backup of the current state and start rebuilding. If the need arises to change something small and you’re not done with the new version you can (again) save your new state and revert back to the original (w/o losing progress). Edit and publish the change and go right back to your rebuild.

Look at this guide on backups