How long will ecommerce beta phase last?

Are we talking a few months, or a year and beyond? Just wondering when the platform will be mature enough for us to transition our business. :slight_smile:

@hyunez, per the webinar today, they are speaking a few weeks for Beta release and the full release after that. My guess is something around Thanksgiving or a bit after that.

Hope that helps.

1 Like

@hyunez Our Beta was designed to have the core functionality you need to run live stores on Webflow Ecommerce.

We are – of course – already working on additional features and functionality to add to the platform throughout the Beta period and beyond. So it will continue to get more powerful and mature.

But it’s ready for processing real orders now!

Thanks for the response!

When do you plan to start charging for ecommerce? I would think that signals a level of maturity in the product where I might feel comfortable with moving.

To enable checkout and start processing orders with Webflow Ecommerce, you will need to have an active Ecommerce hosting plan for your project – even now during the Beta period.

When you have been added to the current private Beta, you can find more details for these plans in the Hosting section of your Site Settings. We will also be sharing more details in an upcoming blog post when we open up the Beta to more Webflow users.

Can I activate the beta ecommerce on an existing project or do I need to create a new one? Not a big deal as I can subdomain this with existing site, but just curious as I am getting a prompt. First time working with beta so did as instructed but it still prompts.

Hi @NewInBoston

The Ecommerce setup process requires a project to not have any Pages or Collections named Product Products Category or Categories.

To get the activation modal to appear you need to either change the names and slugs of those Pages and Collection or delete them.

Once that is done click the Ecommerce icon should show you a setup Modal. Clicking Let's do this will then create the necessary Ecommerce collections for you.

Hope that helps. If you have any other questions let me know.

Ah, indeed. I misunderstood the wording. I read it as it must be setup prior, makes sense now though.

Perhaps wording it as β€œE-commerce will create the following Collection name: [ Products], And the following URL/slug: [/products ] during set up. To continue, please ensure no existing collections or pages contain the above name or url/slug”

Other than that, I’m good to go. Great timing too, as I have a project that I was ready to launch into Shopify but am doing a 180 and redesiging for webflow. :slight_smile:

3 Likes