How Do You Like the Support at Webflow?

Hey @JeffInHighDef!

As Matthew mentioned, client billing will let your clients pay for their own hosting. If you’d like, you can even negotiate a retainer for additional services [for example, SEO, maintenance, etc.] and use client billing to charge them each month for more than Hosting.

As for ramping up really fast, there’s a few ways to do this. We’ve done our best to create comprehensive courses at Webflow University for free. If you have the Designer open and learn each part of the Ultimate Web Design Course, you can go from brand new user to awesome web designer in less than a week:

Alternatively, you may be able to find someone for 1:1 coaching here by posting on the Forums or via our Webflow Experts program. If you do, I would still recommend visiting Webflow University and working through our video tutorials. You’ll learn general best practices in responsive design and a ton of additional tips and tricks for each topic covered.

Kind regards,

Andrew

1 Like

Personally I have never got it to work. I get some transformation going and try to add interactivity and it all goes to pot. Nothing ‘sticks’. I move on to another element and try to drag and drop it into place just as they do in the video and it just doesn’t happen like they show, for me at least. I tried different browsers no good. I use other programs for svg graphics, Affinity Designer and for animation Keyshape, but when I try to upload these it just doesn’t work.I did post a question and got a reply that it’s hard! That from a member of staff. I looked at other web hosting like WIX and they don’t even support SVG let alone animation. I haven’t given up though. I might try paying and uploading the code.

Hi Jeff,

I’m a complete novice.

I’ve found webflow email support (response time, clarity, effectiveness) nothing short of outstanding, regardless of time of day, day of week or holidays.

To date I’ve never once found myself needing Chat or wishing I could phone in.

There are a number of aspects of this company that I very much admire.

Wish they made and supported more of my software.

3 Likes

Honestly, Webflow’s Support is AMAZING!

3 Likes

Maybe it’s because I’m in the Southern Hemisphere but I find support VERY slow and this is not the first time. I’m on my second day waiting for a response and still nothing. It’s a little frustrating as my question is a very general one and I probably should not have to ask it in the first place. It’s not covered in the billing documentation and I went to the forums first and found the question asked two times by other people wanting a response with no answer. Question about upgrading fees from Basic to CMS - #3 by MattBott

Maybe I’m using the wrong contact method? It’s the Webflow Custom “Success” message window. Is the university contact page form at Webflow Customer Support | Webflow University any faster?

@MattBott,

Whats your specific question? Maybe I can help?

Brandon

Thanks! I cant find any information in regards to what happens when I upgrade hosting from Basic to CMS. e.g. If I paid for 1 year of basic hosting 6 months ago, do I have to pay for another full amount of 12 months of CMS hosting? I’m assuming there is some sort of pro-rata pricing structure but I cant see any reference to this at all. I need to let my customer know how much changing the plan will be.

@MattBott,

No you wouldnt. I just explained it in your other post. Go check it out.

It is just the difference of the the two plans with the remaining time of your 1 year.

Hope that help?

Brandon

3 Likes

Thanks Brandon! In regards to response times is the university contact form generally any faster than the Webflow Customer Success message window?

@MattBott,

At this time no. I do know they are hiring more customer support staff to handle the load. SO hopefully that will decrease wait time.

But my suggestion would use the support button in the designer in the bottom left to get faster response. And you can also just post here in the forum as well. Those of us as ‘Community Experts’ are pretty good at responding to all messages. However, billing related ones are sometimes overlooked, but we still try to get to them all as quickly as we can.

Good luck and let me know if you need anything else,
Brandon

3 Likes

Thanks Brandon. Appreciate your assistance!

I guess having three different support methods adds to the confusion (1. university support page form, 2. bottom left icon in designer 3. The webflow customer success support window.) As you have suggested I’ll stick to the bottom left support link in designer.

In regards to forum support I haven’t had much luck with that either lately. Maybe you can help on this one? Filter a collection list based on keywords?

Just as a follow up on my post. I did receive a response from tech support but it took seven days to get a response. (Query posted on 20/08/2019, response received 27/08/2019)

Hi @MattBott, I am sorry to hear about your struggle with receiving a quick response. I do know support is in the process of hiring more and they continue to get overwhelmed with requests everyday.

Any time you need additional help, please feel free to reach out to me directly, I will see about getting some additional help for you.

Brandon

I would personally rate the Webflow support 3.5/5.

Pros:
They are always very knowledgeable
They take time to understand any issues I’ve had
The staff are friendly and will try their best to resolve your issue

Cons:
They can take a while to reply
They have often referred me to Wishlist ideas - which isn’t ideal as a solution.

I do agree with you, however. I feel they could offer a chat or a phone line that clients can call to get in touch with them for immediate questions.

2 Likes

I’m trying to contact support again and I’m currently at COB of day 2 and still have no response. This time I submitted via the Help & Feedback icon, bottom left of Webflow designer as opposed to my last contact method via the university contact form.

An additional frustrating aspect is there is no verification other than a text prompt on the form that said “Your support query has been sent” message. There was no email response with ticket ID and I can’t login in anywhere to see the status on any submitted queries. If there was a fast response it would be no issue but now, I’m wondering if my query has actually been received.

This is not the first time I’ve had to apologise to clients and say that I’m waiting for a response from Webflow. I keep reading about how fast the support is but I’m still waiting to see it (been using Webflow for nearly a year and a half now)

Sorry to drag this one from the murky depths of the forum but it’s frustrating to see that little has improved in this area.

I just had a response from a support request that I made 6 days ago. After initially dealing with nonsensical bot responses I was frustrated to see there was no ticket logging system and I had to use a good old fashion form (no notification received upon submission) only to receive a response 6 days later.

3 Likes

Hello.
I got an e-mail from Webflow named ‘An alternative to WordPress? Meet Webflow’.
I agree white most of the content but the sentence;
Support - Regularly cited as one of the best features of Webflow. See our Facebook reviews strikes me a little odd.
I seldom get an answer to my questions, but maybe that’s me?
So to advertise with support seems a little over the top.

how do you get priority support. they take days to get back and the problem is never solved in the first attempt. so it take several back-and forth - before anything is solved.

Came here looking for answers. Most here seem to think the support is great, but coming from WP where I didn’t have to rely on support so much in terms of account issues, I find support to be slow and handicapping. So far on two different occasions, it’s taken about 2 days to answer a support ticket. This was for myself, but what if this was for a client? I’d be in trouble.

Hi there,

so far I have been very happy with webflow support, sure it might take two or three days but have always gotten an answer to my question from a very helpful support agent, not mentioning how kind and helpful they always are :slight_smile:

1 Like