How do I paginate my CMS Collection without a CMS Wrapper?

Hello,

I am sorry, if this has been mentioned before. I looked here on the forum, as well as Youtube tutorials and contacted the designer of my template, but I still can’t figure out how to paginate my CMS Collection. I noticed the template doesn’t show a CMS wrapper (which I saw on tutorials, that is what is paginated?) I am new to html and coding, cms, etc.

If the topic is already solved, I would appreciate a link to the topic. If you can help me, I would really appreciate it!

Thank you so much in advance.

Here is my site Read-Only: Webflow - Alisa's Supercool Site

Hi Alisa, are you referring to the CMS collections on the home page, or somewhere else?

Hi @ColemanChrisB

Thank you for your reply. Yes I am referring to the homepage (sorry I forgot to mention that). I would really appreciate your support.

Thanks!

Okay, great, thank you! Just wanted to make sure. The reason you can’t paginate your CMS as it stands now is because of the limits you have in place. Because you have each CMS Collection item limited to one, there’s nothing to paginate.

If you remove this limit and set the items/page to 1, and use the left/right arrows, you’ll see that the pagination functions as expected.

I hope this helps lead you to modifying your design in the way you expect. Let me know if I can answer any other questions!

Hi @ColemanChrisB

Thank you for your reply and I apologise for my delay. I will try what you said and it does make more sense now. I will reply back and if I have any more questions, I hope it is ok to ask again.

Thanks!

1 Like

Absolutely! Let me know either way.

Hi @ColemanChrisB

I tried, how you described it, but it messes with the original template. I think the original template is already designed in a way that I can’t paginate?

Do you happen to know another way?

Thanks!

Unfortunately, no, not really. It can be very tricky to make such a large change to a pre-existing template. I do see that when removing the limit, enabling pagination, and setting the items per page to 1, it does not adjust the layout much at all, minus a bit of extra height on the collection item, so I do still feel like it’s a base worth working off of, but if it’s not a proper solution for you, you’ll likely have to build something from scratch.

Another option could potentially be to encase the entire collection grid in a slider, and duplicate the list across the slides, adjusting which CMS item is displayed manually. You would then technically be enabling pagination but losing some of the efficiency of the CMS.

@ColemanChrisB

Thank you for your reply. I think building something from scratch for me is not an option right now. But I did find a temporary solution, not sure how effective it is, but I just added another page to my Homepage and added a NEXT button at the bottom. It is not pagination, but at least close to what I am trying to do.

In the meantime I will learn more about CMS, pagination and webflow.

I really appreciate your support and insight!

Happy to help. Glad you found a solution that works for now!

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.