How can I add a sound intro when my page loads

When the page loads and my logo pops up on screen, I want a little sound intro. How can I add this to the background of this landing page? further more I want to know how I could add a button click noise when someone clicks the enter button.

Here is my public share link:
https://cemaw.webflow.io/

I know this is not what you’re asking, but don’t do this. Automatic sounds cause way more problems than adding delight.

2 Likes

i think button click noise can be done, but it isn’t recommended. could scare the user / interrupt music / etc on the phone.
also i’m pretty sure you can’t do both autoplay + sound anymore anywhere. you can set a video to autoplay but without sound, or wait for the user to activate it

Hi @Oliver_Davies, I think the other points of having a background audio is a valid concern, it can be startling for some visitors.

If you really want to do it though, Webflow lets you use custom code for that, see this tips and tricks tutorial: Audio Embedding

I hope this helps

1 Like

Actually, many people use websites for presentation purposes, which are not meant for mass public access. And within the design and media industry. Sound is sort of a basic component.
For those that want to avoid it, by all means, but it would be nice if there was additional support for sound. I mean there is all kids of motion animation tools, and one can argue that’s not a good idea to noise up a website with motion. Let the artists and designers decide. Please give us the tools is my humble opinion. Or we just have to turn to use other applications. Sound support seems so easy. And yes, to adding sound fx with button clicks. I’m doing a project with dinosaurs.

4 Likes