Hover effects questions

There is a hover effect on the image at the top of Lebron James. It works as I want but when you mouse off, then back on again the child animations no longer work. Any ideas why those animations only work on the first mouse over?

Share link

The child interactions are not listed in the element panel.

The interaction is on the div ā€œBlockā€. And the animation is called ā€œBlock Animateā€ Here is a screen grab.

@lorentracy

I think youā€™re currently checking your animation ā€œon hoverā€, make sure to return your elements to their initial state ā€œon hover outā€:

1 Like

Oh on the ā€œon Hover Outā€, the animation is not present. You need to add the - back to origin affects.

1 Like

Thats the fix. Thanks!

For others - To easily get the child elements back to their original position I just duplicated the original animation, deleted the ā€œendā€ positions. Then pull the original element positions down in the element panel so they are no longer in the ā€œset as initial stateā€ state.

Awesome, glad to help! Holler whenever you need help :grin:

1 Like

@webflow

A ā€œreverse animationā€ checkbox would surely simplify the need to re-animate your elements into their original place on mouse-out.

2 Likes

Hmm maybe?? From experience, hovers are waaaay better that click interactions for sure. But we donā€™t yet have the ā€˜activeā€™ on hover in place yet. But really, thereā€™s always gonna be a Catch-22 no matter how advanced the functionality :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 125 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.