Horizontal Scroll on Lightbox causes gallery to close

Hello,

I have some fairly large lightbox galleries and have exactly the same problem as this thread:

Was there a fix for this as the final post has a link which leads to a 404?

(The main issue was not the scrolling mentioned but the fact that clicking on that scroll bar causes the gallery to shut)

Thanks.

My site link is here - (please see galleries page): https://preview.webflow.com/preview/hmsoundhouse?preview=d98a546754aeaf09a7f93daed0c435e6

@Dawn Could you please let me know what browser version you’re using by sending me your information from this page?

There should be a small share link when you visit the page which you can send to me.

Are you on a Windows machine by chance? I’m not able to reproduce the described behavior of “clicking on that scroll bar causes the gallery to shut” as there isn’t a scrollbar present when I’m looking at the gallery :confused:

Here’s what I was seeing on my end: Screen Recording 2017-08-22...

Hi @Waldo, Thanks for your reply. I’m using Chrome Version 60.0.3112.101 (Official Build) (64-bit) which I think is the latest version. Yes, I’m in Windows 10 on a Mac (using Bootcamp), but I didn’t think that would affect it. Do you think that’s a problem? It’s late here so I have to sign off for now, but I will check how it looks on the Mac side and on my husband’s Linux machine tomorrow to see if the same is happening.

Thanks,

Dawn.

Hi @Waldo, I’ve tried again this morning across multiple browsers on different machines that I have access to and unfortunately the same thing is happening on all of them - the scroll bar is always present when the lightbox is open and always shuts it on click. I can’t reproduce what you are seeing without a scroll bar - is your screen recording from Chrome on a Mac?

Here were all my results - in all instances the lightbox shuts on scroll bar click:

Chrome Version 60.0.3112.101 (Official Build) (64-bit) - Windows 10 (on a Mac using Bootcamp)
Safari 10.1 on Mac OS X 10.12.6 Sierra
Chrome Version 60.0.3112.101 (Official Build) (64-bit) on Mac OS X 10.12.6 Sierra
Chrome Version 61.0.3163.49 (Official Build) beta (64-bit) on Linux Mint

I would be grateful for any help or advice with this as I am nearing completion for the client.

Thanks,

Dawn.

Hi @Dawn

Thank you so much for taking those steps and providing such detailed information!

I was able to reproduce this and have reported it to the team. I will post back here as soon as I have more info for you.

​Thanks in advance for your help and patience with this.

1 Like

Hi @Brando,

Thanks for looking and letting me know it has been reported.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Dawn.

1 Like

Hi Guys, Any news on this yet? The site is just sitting dormant now. The client doesn’t want it uploaded until fixed! Thanks.

Hi @Dawn, no this issue has not yet been solved, however as soon as there is an update I will provide that info here. I am sorry, I cannot give you a precise timeline for the fix, however I do promise to notify you as soon as the issue is resolved.

Thanks in advance.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

@Dawn

Thanks again for reporting this issue and for your patience! Our team was able to push a fix for this.

You should now be able to use the horizontal scroll bar without closing the lightbox gallery.

1 Like