Hiding draft blog posts using conditional visibility

I’ve created a blog and a menu system for it based on a collection list. Some of the items in this collection list are published, and some are in draft format.

I would like to use the conditional visibility property to hide the items in the collection list that are not yet published (i.e., in draft format) so that they don’t appear in the menu system until after they are published in the future and then available to the visitors of the site. However, I don’t seem to be able to achieve this with the available conditional visibility settings. I would like to know if it is possible.

I’ve made a 4-min video that should hopefully make my question more clear: https://www.loom.com/share/70be2716de794cfcab24b15d3503af4a

Thank you in advance for any insight or advice you can share.

Here is my public share link: https://preview.webflow.com/preview/drumming-patterns?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=designer&utm_content=drumming-patterns&preview=3cd0bca9a14ce09d070530b8f8a5c1d6&pageId=5fa58d2d7b5d98dc0911e198&itemId=5fa58d2d7b5d98ce4b11e201&mode=preview

Hi @Chuck_Braman I was checking your issue and find that your filter for Drummers doesn’t work as ALL Drummers have the status published and all you filtering are drummers and not Blog posts. You can start there.

1 Like

@Stan, so obvious when you point it out, yet it never would have occurred to me to look there.

Thank you very much for taking the time to suss this out. That solves the problem.

The only thing I have to remember to do is that whenever I publish a post featuring an as yet previously unpublished drummer, to go into the drummer list and change the name to published. Somehow that was something I thought the conditional feature could take care of automatically. That assumption likely was what was tripping me up.

Or there is another option to style “NO ITEM FOUND” to whatever you want. You can find it as EMPTY STATE. It’s just another div you can do anything with. place there custom message, image, background etc. So Drummers can be there and when nothing is published under his/her name there can be nice message to be shown. Just saying. :wink:

CleanShot 2020-11-07 at 00.30.58

1 Like