Help with CMS Collections + Links

Hi y’all:

I’ve been working on this site since last year and got a new challenge. Not quite sure if this is possible with the CMS Collections.

Essentially I have articles that have been written onsite and some articles are just hyperlinks going to an external site.

Is there a way to combine this two kind of content with Collections? In case I click an article that is just a hyperlink, instead of opening a regular article with content (which there is no content), it can send the person straight to the the external page?

Hope I was clear enough.

I’ll appreciate any help/tips, etc
Thanks

Here is my public share link: https://preview.webflow.com/preview/strava-business?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=dashboard&utm_content=strava-business&preview=a2128eb9167fee0df02ac2dc794e140d&mode=preview

Hi @carlos94587,

Good question! Here is my answer via a post with the same concept:

Hope that helps! :wave:t2:

1 Like

Just read your post @asksj, great post.

A little confused with the part that says: Link first button to CMS page for article and Link second button to external link

I added the 2 buttons/links on my News page and added the conditions however, both inline links go to the Current article. Make sense?

23%20PM

Hi @carlos94587 makes total sense. You need to set up a URL field in your CMS first, and then connect it like this:

Let me know if you still need any help :slight_smile:

I got it right! Thanks again @asksj

2 Likes