Help with adding custom fields to products (or integrating PayPal Pay Later messages)

Hi,

I’m working on an eCommerce site and the client wants to integrate PayPal’s Pay Later messages on product pages.

Everything’s set up ok, but those messages are supposed to show how much each installment would cost. The PP messages work by adding the price amount to the custom code and I dynamically added the price to the code using Webflow’s “Add Field” from the top right of the HTML Embed Code Editor, so it automatically adds each product’s price to the code depending on the product page you’re on. The problem is the PP code only needs the amount to work, whereas Webflow also adds the dollar sign and “USD” at the end.

A possible solution I thought of might be to add a custom field to each product where I’d input the price, then have 3 text fields on product pages to show the price:

1. the dollar sign
  2. the price that Webflow gets from each product’s custom field and I’d also use this custom field in the HTML embed code
  3. “USD”

This would allow the PP code to only get the price amount and I could also display the dollar sign and “USD” on the product page. Trouble is, I don’t see any way of adding custom fields to products and I’m wondering if that’s possible.

If you have other ideas for how I could get around this, I’d love to hear them.

Thank you!

Here is my site Read-Only: Webflow - Criterion Connection

And the published page where you can also see the PayPal Pay Later message: Criterion Connection