Help to disable google indexing on site

These template pages are a nuance. I need to delete old template pages that I will never be using, yet I can’t do that. As a marketer, it’s really critical that these pages are NOT indexed in Google as it could literally impact revenue. People should never find themselves in a situation where they accidentally end up on a page that’s not being used. This is not ideal! Please fix!! I don’t want to index these templates at ALL…

Hi @cjroe if you are referring to the Collection template pages, these can be removed by deleting the corresponding collection.

If you need some help with that, send a message to support from Webflow Customer Support | Webflow University and we will be glad to help.

If the issue is regarding static pages on the site, those can also be deleted and not shown in the index.

Further, Webflow allows to disable the indexing of webflow.io domains: https://help.webflow.com/article/how-to-prevent-search-engines-from-indexing-your-webflow-site

For other domains or pages, you can also use the built in robots.txt field to disable search engine crawling for specific pages, which is also covered in the article above.

What is not possible yet, is to do per page publishing, although this on the Wishlist: Publish single page on site | Webflow Wishlist

I hope this helps!

Hi Dave, this isn’t cjroe :slight_smile:

Kind Regards

Safy Tashkandy

Hi @Saff

You are receiving these emails because you may have subscribed to them in your forum user preferences.

Also, please avoid sending your email signature when replying via email.

Thank you

Sure, will do, thank you for the info. Will have a look at that.

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.