Head Scratching - Advanced Product Variation in Ecommerce

Hi there,

I have a client that makes custom guitar strings and there are lots of product options.

I’ve got the Ecommerce Plus site plan and have been playing around with it, but I’m not sure if it’s advanced enough to do what I need it to do. In total, there is a max of 15 fields a user will have to select from… see below

1. Number of Strings (this determine how many ‘string’ fields populate. e.g. if you select 4 strings, fields string 1, string 2, string 3 and string 4 will populate)
  2. String Core Type
  3. Wrapping Material

Then, depending on what was select in ‘1. Number of Strings’…

1. String 1
  2. String 2
  3. String 3
  4. String 4
  5. String 5
  6. String 6
  7. String 7
  8. String 8
  9. String 9
  10. String 10
  11. String 11
  12. String 12

I seems that WF only allows 3 product option fields, which isn’t nearly enough. So I’m scratching my head on how to do this.

One idea is to use custom fields to contain the info for options 1, 2 and 3 as they don’t impact the price. Then use a single product options for 4 to 15 as it’s the same field repeated. Finally, use custom code to read the value in 1 and populate the number of string fields.

Maybe there is a easier way of doing this? Appreciate any thoughts.

Hey @Anon_User

I can help you.
To discuss further in detail kindly reach me at Trish@cisinlabs.com or Skype me - live:.cid.baff7c7dd9471b54

Thanks
Trish

1 Like

Hi Trish,

Thanks for replying. If possible, I’d prefer to keep the conversation here as it might be useful to others.

Bumping. Hopefully somebody can help?

Hi @Anon_User.
Josh from Foxy here. Unfortunately, I don’t think you’ll be able to do what you’ve described with Webflow Ecommerce. That said, it should be possible with Foxy + Webflow. Will you have multiple products that need these options in the add to cart forms? Or is there just one page you send customers to with this form?

Either way, this can be done with a Webflow form and a little javascript (we can help with this) or by using a form builder like Jotform: Use JotForm to Visually Build Your Foxy Purchase Forms

More info on our seamless Webflow integration can be found here: Webflow | Foxy.io Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or need help getting started: hello@foxy.io

Thanks,
Josh