Having trouble with editing grids (columns like to be automatic generated and can't remove them)

Hi Webflow community, this has been an issue I’ve been having for quite a while and I’m not sure what is causing this.

The grid I have likes to automate columns and rows and I don’t know why. The small help box that appears in the editor says ‘new columns/rows will be generated to make room for grid items and areas’, but visually it just crams all my grid stuff so it looks broken.

I’ve tried extending my areas, where the grid items sometimes works, but my grids are also in containers/divs that it shouldn’t affect the grid as the containers/divs don’t have special customizations.

Sometimes the error doesn’t show up properly and sometimes it does and I don’t know why when I’m editing it does this. You can see an example that I showed between the mobile and desktop breakpoints

If you guys also wonder why I use a grid instead of rows, it’s because I already designed my portfolio to be read with left-alignment on bigger screens but centered on smaller ones.

Here is my site Read-Only: **[LINK](Safe Shopper)

(how to share your site Read-Only link)

Hey @Periwinkle , your link is broken. Could you double check once more and repost it so that I can take a look? :slight_smile:

@Periwinkle

For your reference, the button for share link is next to the Publish button
Screenshot 2022-03-09 at 10.07.25 AM

Hi Jose, thanks for your patience. This is my site, though I’m not sure if this is the correct way to share it.

https://preview.webflow.com/preview/itslenhuynh?utm_medium=preview_link&utm_source=designer&utm_content=itslenhuynh&preview=d7fbbb592f38709ecf16599348116266&pageId=621aee123dcec321f554f47f&workflow=preview